In this Episode Steve shares his thoughts on 7 Things Every Engineering Leader Must Do to Build an Effective Engineering Organisation.
1. How can we align patterns, principles and standards across teams to improve maintainability and minimize disruption when individuals leave teams?
2. How can we minimize team silos and develop a cross functional collaborative working relationship between disciplines?
3. How can we create a culture of continuous learning?
4. Right now what does our business value most? Speed? Or Quality?
5. How can we recruit the very best Engineers to work within our teams?
6. What technologies do we want to use within our teams and how much autonomy is each team able to have in technology selection?
7. How can we create phycological safety within our teams and encourage a culture of fast failure?